Executive Functional Evaluation
What are Executive Functioning Skills:
The brain of human beings is designed to accomplish goals and smaller tasks by utilizing an extremely sophisticated set of cognitive skills referred to as Executive Functioning skills.
What is Executive Functioning?
This topic relates to three general areas:
- Time Management
Then there are eleven sub skills the brain uses to help us determine which set of stimulus we need to pay attention to in order to complete a short task or a long-term goal.
What you might see in individuals with an Executive Functioning deficit:
- Difficulty with filtering out unneeded information
- Problems with attention- divided, sustained, selective, and alternating attention
- Lack of organizational skills both internally and externally
- Often forgets what they were doing
- Difficulty with managing time, completing work in a timely manner
- Inability to evaluate their own actions or how their actions may have been a part of a broader problem
- Rigid or narrow thinking
- Emotional reactions that do not fit the size of the problem or are either immature or overly mature for their age
- Difficulty with thinking before acting and/or inhibiting a reaction
- Having great ideas but can not seem to take the steps needed to get the job done
- Using persistence in the face of obstacles
What I do:
- Assess for Executive Functioning deficits
- Create a plan on remediating or training
- Provide training, education and support to learn these skills
Relationship Building-Career and College Planning-Social SkillsTraining-Improve Excutive Functioning Skills-Communication & Assertiveness Training-Goal Directed Planning-Resume Skills-Balance Work and Life-Conflict Resolution-Give and Receive Feedback-Organizational Skills-Positive Discipline/Parent Eduction
Syndi Ecker is a professional dedicated to helping people change unwanted, maladaptive, or unhealthy behaviors.
These changes are successfully achieved by using an individualized behavioral approach to maximize each person’s full potential. Syndi’s specialized services include: Behavorial Changes, Educational Consulting and Life Coaching.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. You should not stop taking any medication without first consulting your physician.